TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The theme for the EEPN I4.0 VIRTUAL HACKATHON 2020 will be the “Crafting The Future of AI Experience”.
The ideas and solutions to be developed should include AI technologies. The participation stakeholders are encouraged to be included as part of the proposed solutions. Some of the focus areas to be delved into are Smart Manufacturing, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and Track-and-Trace.
The objectives of EEPN I4.0 Virtual Hackathon are to:
· Promote AI-based Machine Vision system to universities students;
· Develop affordable AI-based Machine Vision POCs solutions to SMEs;
· Nurture students to be entrepreneurs via business matchmaking between SMEs and students; and
· Help students to bring affordable inventions to SMEs.
The EEPN I4.0 Virtual Hackathon will be held from 17-18 October 2020.
The proposed timeline for the virtual hackathon is as follow:
|1.||25 August 2020||Registration Open|
|2.||14 September 2020||Pre-Briefing & Training workshop|
|3.||12 October 2020||Submission closed|
|4.||13-14 October 2020||Evaluation, Shortlisting team for online pitching session|
|5.||17 October 2020||Online pitching|
|6.||18 October 2020||Winners announcement|
Evaluation and notification – Only qualified and shortlisted teams will be notified.
- The virtual hackathon is only open for tertiary students in East Malaysia.
- It is required for participants to follow the Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) imposed by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH).
- All participants must be Malaysian citizens, Permanent Residents (PR) or international students with valid student visas. Priority is given to students from the school of engineering/computer science/business, who have passion in developing Smart Manufacturing solutions and Artificial intelligence (AI) based machine vision systems.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two (2) participants and maximum of five (5) participants and each team is allowed to include a supervisor/lecturer (highly recommended) from respective universities.
- All participants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- All participants must be able to communicate in Bahasa Malaysia and/or English (All submissions, documents and announcements in relation to the event will be in Bahasa Malaysia and/or English).
- The Hackathon hardware and software suite consists of:
Minimum requirement for Hardware (either desktop or laptop)
– not provided by EEPN/MPC: Leveraging existing hardware from the universities
- 6th to 10th generation Intel® Core™ processors and Intel® Xeon® processors
- Intel® Xeon® processor E family (formerly code-named Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge,
Haswell, and Broadwell)
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor (formerly Skylake and Cascade Lake)
- Intel Atom® processor with support for Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.1 (Intel®1)
- Intel Pentium® processor N4200/5, N3350/5, or N3450/5 with Intel® HD Graphics
Note: Compulsory to use Intel OpenVINO™. Participants are encouraged to do research/study on Intel OpenVINO™ for better understanding before the briefing session.
Supported Operating Systems (OS)
- Windows® 10 (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (64 bit)
- CentOS 7.4 (64 bit)
- Yocto Project version Poky Jethro 2.0.3 (64 bit)
- macOS (64 bit)
Intel OpenVINO™ Toolkit (downloadable from Intel website)
Arduino/Raspberry Pi, webcam or any other suitable boards/sensors/RFID/QR code/barcode
- Guides: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/index.html
- Hardware requirements for OpenVino:
Note: Participants are responsible to prepare the software/hardware by themselves. The organiser will not provide any software/hardware for the hackathon.
Interested teams should submit proposals through Google form on the link provided by the organiser at Eventbrite, organiser’s website and social media.
- Submission of the proposal should cover basic information and a brief description of the project proposal (i.e. objective, purpose, features of product and application of the technology and other related information) of not more than 500 words.
- The registered teams are encouraged to submit a maximum of three (3) minutes video presentation of the proposed solution uploaded at Youtube or any other suitable platform link (optional). The link must be accessible by the organiser.
- The organiser shall notify participants via email upon receiving their complete proposal submission.
- Shortlisted participants will be notified and to be on standby during the virtual hackathon pitching day.
- The organiser reserves the right to reject any submissions which are incomplete, illegible, disfigured and submitted beyond the deadline.
- The Organiser also reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time as it deems fit.
- Relation to the theme
- Problem statement
ii. Business Model Feasibility
- Can this be monetized?
- What’s the benefit?
- Does it solve the problem statement?
- Does it look like the final product?
- Is it self-explanatory?
- Has potential business sustainability
- Return of investment (ROI)
- Cost effective
- The judges will be representatives from the government, industry, academia and community.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entertained.
- Total cash prizes of RM 11,500.00 to be won:
- Champion : RM 5,000
- 1st runner-up : RM 3,000
- 2nd runner-up : RM 2,000
- 5 x Consolations : RM 300 (each)
Any inquires can be channeled to:
|1.||Ms. Lee Wan Wei
Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC)
|2.||Dr. Garenth Lim King Hann
Curtin University Malaysia
|3.||Mr. Amzar Azfar Zolkiflie
Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC)
|4.||Mr. Abang Nurfadli Bin Abang Yusuf
Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC)