Welcome to School of Continuing Studies
The School of Continuing Studies was established at Curtin University of Technology, Sarawak, Malaysia in 1999.
Vision - The School aspires to be to be a learner focussed centre, delivering programmes highly reputed for its teaching and learning excellence, academic endeavour, and research.
Mission - The School is dedicated to developing and preparing students for undergraduate studies through quality teaching and learning and by instilling values of academic excellence, ethical scholarship, global citizenship and lifelong learning.
Tthe School conducts diploma courses leading to a Diploma of Business, Diploma of Process Plant Technology (Oil Industry) and Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety. The School also provides academic support to students via its advisory support programmes.
Academics in the School of Continuing Studies are skilled teachers and scholars who encourage full student participation. The campus environment promotes student success and academic support enhances student development and leadership. Academics from the School are active in many areas of research and in consultancy activities through Curtin Consultancy Services. Our programs are highly regarded and challenge students to become active learners who can acquire, interpret, communicate and apply knowledge within and across disciplines to cultivate the integrative thinking required in a complex and rapidly changing world.
- Diploma Programme in Business
- Diploma Programme in Process Plant Technology (Oil Industry)
- Diploma Programme in Occupational Health and Safety
The Foundation programs at Curtin University, Sarawak Campus, have been designed to prepare students for university study by familiarizing them with the requirements for successful undergraduate study. In addition, the programs aim at developing: academic diligence, critical analysis, and a raft of generic skills in students. They provide a solid foundation for the students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education. Apart from providing a solid foundation for continued studies at Curtin University of Technology, they offer a number of distinct advantages:
- Small student-lecturer ratio in classrooms
- Academic support in the form of additional Teaching & Learning workshops, tutorials, and mentorship with lecturers
- Modern, diversified teaching methods: workshops, introduction to research methods, modern laboratory projects, group projects, oral and multimedia presentations
- Highly advanced technological support: library, well-equipped laboratories, ample supplies of learning materials, and Internet access
- Highly qualified and dedicated academic staff