Home > Curtin Staff : Teaching & Learning
CSM Teaching and Learning Committee
The Curtin Sarawak Malaysia Teaching and Learning Committee (CSM T&L Committee) will be responsible to and report to the Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor, Curtin Sarawak Malaysia.
Terms of Reference
- To act as an advisory body in the development and review of Curtin Sarawak Malaysia’s T&L Plan and through this enhance both the national and international effectiveness of Teaching and Learning at CSM within the context of the University’s Strategic Plan.
- To promote and oversee the development and implementation of CSM’s T&L Plan.
- To develop and review the guidelines and policies for Teaching and Learning activities within CSM.
- To promote and encourage individual and collaborative Teaching and Learning activities involving staff and students in Curtin Sarawak Malaysia and Curtin, Perth.
- To act as a channel of communication between the CSM School T&L Committees, CSM T&L Committee and the Teaching and Learning Committee, of Curtin, Perth.
- To encourage CSM staff to complete higher degrees and to become involved in teaching and learning research activities.
- To consider any other item that is referred to the Committee.
The CSM T & L Committee is composed of a maximum of eight elected members and at least two ex-officio members. It has the option to co-opt other members as appropriate. Each School and the Student Council determine the procedures for the nomination and election of the members of the CSM T&L Committee. Membership is for 1 year.
The Chair of the CSM T&L Committee will be nominated by the Committee at the first meeting following the elections and the recommendation forwarded to the Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor for approval.
Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor
Dean of The Learning Centre
Manager of University Life
Other ex-officio members, as appropriate.
Up to eight members of the Academic Staff (permanent and fixed term contract) and four students representing each School.