Student and Staff Complaints
Curtin is committed to effective complaint/grievance management, with the objectives of:
- minimizing personal and organizational dysfunction arising from unresolved complaints
- providing fair, effective and open organizational response to complaints
- ensuring that complaints are addressed according to the principles of procedural fairness, in a timely and confidential manner, at the lowest appropriate management level
- promoting organizational and personal learning and development
Complaints will be managed with common sense, respect and fairness, efficiently, confidentially, and in a manner which affords procedural fairness to all parties. ALL complaints submitted on-line or in paper form will be dealt with by the Director of Staff & Student Affairs with the consultation of the Pro Vice Chancellor of Curtin Sarawak Campus.
Staff & Student Complaint Procedure
Curtin Sarawak will respond to all complaints and ensures that they are managed efficiently and courteously, in the shortest time possible. It is important that complainant provides full details in order for complaints to be dealt with and a response be made. The Office of Staff & Student Affairs will log and acknowledge complaints within 7 working days. A response to the complaints will be made within 30 working days.
Should any circumstance arise where the complainant is not satisfied with the response given, the Complainant may write directly to the Vice Chancellor within 60 working days. If you have any questions regarding this case, please contact the Office of Staff & Student Affairs.
COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCESS
- Receipt of complaint
- Complaint logged & recorded by the Office of Staff & Student Affairs
- Complaint resolved immediately if possible
- Acknowledgement sent to Complainant
- Complaint assessed for appropriate action by the Director of Staff & Student Affairs
- Resolution is communicated to the Complainant
- Feedback received from Complainant
- Complaint closed
Complaint Form [download .pdf]